I recently forgot my Administrator password on one of my workstation and I need some of my important files in there. Good thing there’s a way to reset it. If you have your password reset disk then it will be handy and you will be online in no time. Or just buy a software to reset you administrator password better yet, just try this trick and it might still work. This password reset procedure will try to leverage the security hole found on Windows XP without moving your hardisk from one computer to another. This security hole unfortunately is still un-patched even if you are running the latest service pack 3. Get your Windows installer ready and your serial number before trying this procedure.
1. Place your Windows CD in your cdrom drive. Then press on any key to boot from your installer.
2. Setup will begin inspecting your computer until you are prompted to press enter to setup windows.
3. Accept the licensing agreement.
4. Select the option to repair your Windows installation by pressing R.
5. Let the repair run it will check your disk and copy the installation files.
6. After copying files it will require you to reboot, but don’t press any key again. It will continue to install windows
7. Continue Windows installation until you see at the progress bar indicating Installing devices. At this moment press SHIFT + F10 this is the security hole allowing you access to a command console.
8. While at the command console type NUSRMGR.CPL this will give you access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.
9. Now you can select which account you need to reset, this will give you the facility to change the password on any account. But here we are concerned with the Administrator account so we are going to select it and reset the password.
10. Continue running the repair until it completes you may need to re-enter your serial number when prompted.
After that you will be able to access your Computer Again. Congratulations!.