ClockworkMod Recovery is being used for recovery of ROM images, full backup tool for your devices, and rooting tool just to name a few. This tool has become indispensable to Android enthusiast running a variety of devices and to those people who wants to upgrade downgrade their devices at will without the need of going to service centers. With this tool and a proper knowledge on how to use it properly anybody who are initiated can easily update their devices to the latest ROM’s or downgrade it to the oldest available stock Rom. On this post I would like to share the procedure on installing the ClockworkMod recovery tool for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 running on the ICS Stock ROM 4.0.3.
1. Odin3 (V1.85) (Grab the download link here)
XAMPP for Windows comes built in with SSL certificate for development use, the only thing that you need to do is to enable it to work with your Virtual Host to duplicate development setup in production environment. Setup of production and development machine is almost exactly the same except that the certificate for the production that you will need to use should be coming from a trusted SSL certification authority.
The default SSL on XAMPP only works by default in our localhost so it is accessible via https://localhost/any-directory-inside-htdocs.
To Make it work in Virtual Host Setup we need to do four things.
1. Configure httpd-vhosts.conf to work with standard virtual host http access at port 80.
-A detailed explanation on how to do step 1 is here: http://www.eg-designstudio.com/2009/01/14/configuring-apache-server-for-development-to-mimic-production-setup/
poMMo is a versatile mass mailing software. It can be used to add a mailing list to your Web site or to organize stand alone mailings and in fact the features are neat for a free mass mailing software. You can find the software from www.pommo.org
I’m recently playing with it to be used on some clients website that requires a mass mailing software, the installation works perfectly in Linux machine and I managed to install and configure it without hassle. Now comes the customization part and that means duplicating the installation in my development machine running apache on Windows. Installation is pretty straight forward you just need to edit the file config.sample.php
provide your database access information and save it as config.php and call the installation script from poMMo install directory and voila you have just installed your poMMo mailer. As I have said it works perfectly in Linux machine. In Linux you don’t need to change the overrides as it works perfectly but not on Windows.
Now comes the Windows installation quirks. Assuming that you’ve just configured it almost exactly as your live site to customize the look of the software. In effect you will just be retracing your installation steps mentioned above.
I’m recently looking for tabbed Putty connection instances, as it is becoming cumbersome for me to work with a lot of putty screens on my desktop moving from one connection instance to the next. Fortunately I found one and It is called Putty Connection Manager. The market for ssh clients seems to be split from Putty (Free) and Secure CRT (Which is not Free), but for me as long as it does the job well and I can work with it then why go for a commercial version. There are pros and cons of course but for the mean time Putty CM will suffice for my work style.
* Tabs and dockable windows for PuTTY instances.
* Fully compatible with PuTTY configuration (using registry).
* Easily customizable to optimize workspace (fullscreen, minimze to tray, add/remove toolbar, etc…).
* Automatic login feature regardless to protocol restrictions (user keyboard simulation).
* Post-login commands (execute any shell command when logged).
* Connection Manager : Manage a large number of connections with specific configuration (auto-login, specific PuTTY Session, post-command, etc…).
* Quick connect toolbar to quickly launch a PuTTY connection.
I recently forgot my Administrator password on one of my workstation and I need some of my important files in there. Good thing there’s a way to reset it. If you have your password reset disk then it will be handy and you will be online in no time. Or just buy a software to reset you administrator password better yet, just try this trick and it might still work. This password reset procedure will try to leverage the security hole found on Windows XP without moving your hardisk from one computer to another. This security hole unfortunately is still un-patched even if you are running the latest service pack 3. Get your Windows installer ready and your serial number before trying this procedure.
1. Place your Windows CD in your cdrom drive. Then press on any key to boot from your installer.
2. Setup will begin inspecting your computer until you are prompted to press enter to setup windows.
3. Accept the licensing agreement.
4. Select the option to repair your Windows installation by pressing R.
5. Let the repair run it will check your disk and copy the installation files.
Our latest development work for CabOperator Company Limited United Kingdom is out (http://www.caboperator.co.uk). Our booking system solution created for Cabsites an online marketing solution for private hire industry conceptualized by CabOperator is launched finally after 4 months of development work. The system which is developed using CakePHP framework provides an automated transaction logging, vehicle and driver management, automated user transaction notification and back office alert and one click driver and vehicle assignment. A user of the system will benefit for its ease of use, it tracks the users frequently visited places for convenience and automatically pulled it down from the list of destinations if a user opt to do so these records can be easily removed by deleting it in their profile. It also provides them of transaction logging and automatic dispatch email at the start of transaction and up to the confirmation of their bookings request.
For the back office users it provides them of automatic alert notification that a transaction has been requested by a user and an action is required for them to process the users request by assigning the type of vehicle requested and the driver assigned to fetch the user. A copy of the vehicle assignments is sent to the user including the type vehicle requested, the color of the vehicle, the plate number and the name of the driver assigned which makes all transaction fully automated.
Chaw is an application developed on CakePHP to handle some simple tasks needed for hosting code, providing information, and getting contributions from the world. It’s the repository for CakePHP rapid development framework and also home for everything useful for CakePHP developers like the debug_kit for CakePHP.
Here’s what I did to connect successfully to TheChaw repository, I use the GIT Extensions which can be found here: GIT EXTENSIONS I also use putty from the putty project download the complete package.
Create an SSH Key using Puttygen I use SSH-2 RSA 1024, save your private and public key to any directory. Make sure to enter a key phrase if you want to change it and also to secure it.
Copy your OpenSSH key (its the key that says: Public key for pasting into OpenSSH authorized key files) from your puttygen screen logged in to your account at the chaw repository http://thechaw.com and paste your SSH key in the field for the GIT in your account.
Most of the time a developer will need to test his programs against the production setup, to closely monitor the performance of the developed programs or if it will perform as expected when put into production. The best thing to do it is to enable Apache to mimic the production server setup so that the only thing a developer need to do is to transfer the files to the production server.
This is easily accomplished in Apache server using the virtual host configuration, wherein we can setup a server instance which exactly matched our production server. We just need to enable all the modules that we need and proceed in configuring the virtual host file.
Why do we need to enable virtual host?, you would say but apparently virtual host is needed if:
* you´re on multiple domains
* you need to test your projects with same configuration with the server
* test your projects without touching your public server
* you´re just organizing your projects into groups
* or setup a local copy of your blog or website
What do we need?, we need a server or a local computer running Apache either in Windows or Linux. Since most of us are developing using Windows we might as well use Windows using Apache Xampp for this setup.
1. In Apache we usually edit the httpd.conf to configure the virtual host file, but in Xampp it is a separate file being called inside the apache httpd.conf. You will find your httpd.conf in your drive where you installed Xampp in my case it’s in my D: drive under the xampp folder navigate through D:\xampp\apache\conf you will find there your httpd.conf.
2. Inside our D:\xampp\apache\conf directory we will see a folder named extra. These folder holds additional configuration for our apache server. Before the functions can be configurable inside the httpd.conf but now it is just being called inside the httpd.conf when we start the server. Configuration in this manner is much simple since we will immediately know in which part of the configuration, we have committed an error if our server suddenly doesn’t start. It is always a good idea to create a backup of the original file for reference or to restore it to original state if we commit an error.
Netbeans IDE 6.5 now officially supports FTP, if you are a fan of this development tool which has a lot of features for a free software there’s a lot of reason to thank the developers of this indispensable tool. I’ve been using netbeans since version 5.5, and now since the PHP support was released I’ve been using it a lot for most of my development works, and I’m glad they put ftp function in the
Here’s what you need to do to set up the FTP client:
On your project folder click properties > Choosing the Run Configuration Type
On the Run Configurations panel, choose Remote Web Site (FTP) from the Run As dropdown list. The hidden area for setting up the configuration displays.
Specifying the FTP Connection Settings
To create an FTP connection:
1. Click Manage next to the FTP Connection dropdown list. The Manage Remote Connections dialog box displays.
2. Click Add. The Create New Connection dialog box opens.
3. In the Connection Name field, enter the name of the new connection. In this example the connection name is x10hosting. Click OK. The Manage Remote Connections dialog box displays with the name of the new connection in the Connection Name display field.
4. From the Type dropdown list, choose FTP.
5. In the Host Name field, enter the FTP Server name as it is written in the FTP account creation confirmation message. In this example, the FTP server is website.com
Using sendmail is very useful in web development, to easily check if your mail scripts are working. Using it on desktop desktop environment will give you added benefit of sending e-mail from your own computer. However configuring sendmail in Windows environment will still require you to use your ISP’s mail server for purposes of relaying […]